How To Jailbreak iPod Touch 1G on 3.1.3 Firmware With Redsn0w 0.9.3
Apple released the v3.1.3 (7E18) of the iPhone OS for iPhone 3GS/3G/2G and iPod Touch 3G/2G and 1G. If you have got an iPhone 1G, then you can the redsn0w 0.9.3 to jailbreak it. Resn0w 0.9.3 doesn’t work with newer iPod touch 2G and iPod touch 3G.
If you have accidentally updated your iPod Touch 1G to 3.1.3 firmware, you can jailbreak it very easily by using redsn0w for Windows or Mac. Below is the procedure to jailbreak iPod Touc 1G with redsn0w.
How to jailbreak iPod Touch 1G With 3.1.3 Firmware Using Redsn0w
- Download the latest version of iTunes and update your iPod Touch 1G to the latest 3.1.3 Firmware if you haven’t already done it.
- Download redsn0w 0.9.3 for Windows or Mac based on your OS and also download iPhone OS 3.1.2 IPSW file(Yes we also need the 3.1.2 firmware).
- Now run redsn0w and browse to the original iPhone OS 3.1.2 .ipsw file(Be Clear, it is iPhone 3.1.2 IPSW and not 3.1.3). Redsn0w will check if the firmware is valid and will then patch it.
- As we are using a iPod Touch 1G, we need to select “Install Cydia“.
- If you are interested in customizing your iPhone you can choose any/all of the “Custom boot logo”, “Verbose boot” and “Custom recovery logo”, else you can skip this step.
- Now redsn0w will show you some instructions to enter into DFU mode.
- Hold down the “Power” button and immediately without releasing the power button, also hold down the “Home” button. Without releasing the “Home” button, release the “Power” button but keep holding the “Home” button for 30 seconds.
- Your iPod Touch will reboot once it is jailbroken
We are warning you again that this 3.1.3 Firmware jailbreak is strictly for iPod Touch 1G models. If you have got an iPhone 3GS/3G or iPod Touch 3G/2G newer model do not attempt to upgrade your firmware to 3.1.3.