Downgrade iPhone 3G and iPhone 2G 3.1.3 Firmware to 3.1.2 Firmware
Apple recently released its latest upgrade v3.1.3 of iPhone OS which barely features any changes to its prior version 3.1.2. The iPhone 2G, 3G or 3GS featuring official carriers can be easily updated to this latest version, but for the jailbroken/unlocked iPhone it is highly not recommended as it would will disable the unlock of the phone and the process of getting the phone unlocked again may turn out tedious for time being or you may end up without an unlock totally.
Latest update of iPhone OS, 3.1.3 includes a baseband update to 05.12.01 for iPhone 3G and 3GS. As this behavior was intended, the Development team already warned the users to wait for the next version of the PwnageTool or redsn0w in order to preserve the device baseband. If you have already updated your jailbroken/ unlocked iPhone 2G or 3G to iPhone OS 3.1.3 then you can downgrade it to the previous version by following certain steps.
Though the baseband of the handset cannot be downgraded, the firmware of the device can downgraded by following the below steps.
- Install latest iTunes onto your computer and connect it to your computer.
- Set your iPhone 2G/3G to DFU mode which can done by following the below given instructions.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and turn your phone OFF.
- Then Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
- After 10 seconds release the power but hold the home until the computer beeps as a USB device is recognized.
- Once the iPhone is detected by the computer, the iTunes should detect your iPhone.
- Verify if you have a Restore Logo instead of DFU on the screen, if Yes, then you are in Recovery Mode and not in DFU.
- When your iPhone is in DFU mode, it will prompt a message in iTunes, Click “OK” on that screen, and then hold Option key while clicking Restore in iTunes and browse the OS 3.1.2 or below firmware. Once the downgrading is done, the restore process might take 10 – 15 minutes for your iPhone 2G, 3G.
- Whilst downgrading your iPhone if you encountered error messages such as 1011, 1013, 1015 ignore them and simply launch RedSn0w and continue the process for Jailbreaking or Unlocking your iPhone.
PwnageTool Guides to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 Firmware
PwnageTool 3.1.5 to Jailbreak 3.1.3 Firmware – What You Should Know?
Download PwnageTool 3.1.5 to Jailbreak iPhone 2G/3G/3GS and iPod Touch 1G/2G on iPhone OS 3.1.3
Jailbreak iPhone 3GS/3G/2G on 3.1.3 Firmware With PwnageTool
Sn0wbreeze Guides to Jailbreak and Unlock iPhone 3.1.3 Firmware