iOS 4 Update For iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPhone 2G and iPod touch 3G, 2G and 1G
Apple has released the iOS 4 for developers some time back and iOS 4 (iPhone OS 4.0) will be available to all the users tomorrow, June 21. iOS 4.0 can be used to upgrade the firmware on both iPhone and iPod Touch. But you should be clear that not all the models of iPhone and iPod Touch are compatible with the iOS 4. Moreover if you rely on Jailbreak or Unlock then it is very much better to stay away from the iOS 4.0 update until the iPhone Dev-Team releases Jailbreak and Unlock Tools for iOS 4.0.
iPhone and iPod Touch Compatibility With iOS 4.0
- iPhone 3GS: Full iOS 4.0 compatible except iPhone 4 specific features
- iPhone 3G: Partial iOS 4.0 support. Doesn’t support multitasking, wallpaper and Bluetooth keyboard.
- iPhone 2G: No iOS 4.0 support. (Custom Modded 3.1.3 with iOS 4 features available)
- iPod Touch 3G: Full iOS 4.0 support except for iPhone specific features
- iPod Touch 2G: Partial iOS 4.0 support. Doesn’t support multitasking, wallpaper and Bluetooth keyboard.
- iPod Touch 1G: No iOS 4.0 support.
So if you have an iPhone 3GS or an iPod Touch 3G, then you can enjoy most of the features present in iOS 4.0.
Once you have found your iPhone or iPod touch model and decided to upgrade to iOS 4 Firmware, you need to update your iTunes to 9.2 if you haven’t done it already. Only the latest iTunes 9.2 supports iOS 4.0. Also don’t forget to take a backup of your data before upgrading to iOS 4 Firmware.
We warn you again that if you rely on Jailbreak or Unlock, then do not upgrade to iOS 4.0, until you hear from the iPhone Dev team. Stay tuned to TechHail to hear more about iOS 4 Upgrade, iOS 4.0 Jailbreak and Unlock.
Other iPhone Related Articles