iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak On iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad 1G With Absinthe 2.0.1 [Windows]
Chronic Dev-Team has released their Absinthe 2.0/Absinthe 2.0.1 untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak tool for Windows, Mac and Linux. iPad 3, iPad 2 and iPad users who are waiting for an untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak can use the latest version of Absinthe for an untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak.
Note: Please take a backup of all your data before you start with the untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak using Absinthe. Also make sure that you are running iOS 5.1.1 on your iPad 3, iPad 2 or iPad.
iOS 5.1.1 Untethered Jailbreak On iPad With Absinthe 2.0.1 [Windows]
- Step 1: Download Absinthe 2.0.1 for Windows – absinthe-win-2.0.1.zip
- Step 2: Extract the contents of the absinthe-win-2.0.1.zip file to any folder of your choice.
- Step 3: Double click the absinthe-win-2.0.1.exe file from the folder that was extracted in step 2. This will create a new folder called absinthe-win-2.0.1
- Step 4: From the newly created absinthe-win-2.0.1 folder, launch absinthe.exe (Run with Admin privileges if required).
- Step 5: As prompted by Absinthe 2.0.1, connect your iPad 3, iPad 2 or iPad to the computer and click the “Jailbreak” button.
- Step 6: Absinthe 2.0.1 will now jailbreak your iPad and also shows different stages of the untethered 5.1.1 jailbreak – beginning jailbreak, sending initial jailbreak data, sending final jailbreak data, waiting for reboot, waiting for process to complete and Done!
- Step 7: Your iPad will be untethered jailbroken on iOS 5.1.1 and Cydia will be installed on the SpringBoard.