Jailbreak iPhone 3G iOS 4.1 With Sn0wbreeze 2.0 and Unlock With Ultrasn0w
iH8sn0w has finally released sn0wbreeze 2.0 and the updated sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 which can be used to jailbreak iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G, iPod touch 3G, iPod touch 2G and iPod touch 1G running on iOS 4.1 firmware. Sn0wbreeze v2 essentially creates a custom firmware that can be used to jailbreak your iDevice. In order to use sn0wBreeze 2.0.1 Jailbreak For iPhone 3G your 3G must already be jailbroken on any firmware. If you haven’t yet jailbroken it then you need to use iREB. So if you are a Windows user and looking to Jailbreak and Unlock your iPhone 3G then go ahead and read the below guide.
Procedure to Jailbreak iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 Firmware With Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1
Before proceeding further Download the below necessary files
- Download iTunes and take a backup of all your data.
- Download sn0wbreeze v2.0.1 for Windows if you haven’t already done it.
- Also Download the iOS 4.1 for iPhone 3G and save it in your PC
- Run sn0wbreeze and select the “Simple Mode”. If you are an advanced user then select the “Expert Mode” to customize different settings.
- You will now be asked to browse for the .ipsw file that you downloaded for your iPhone 3G. Select the 3G iOS 4.1 firmware and sn0wbreeze v2.0.1 will verify the IPSW file that you have selected.
- Once the file is verified you need to click the blue button present on the right bottom. Select “Activate the iPhone” if you want to hactivate your iPhone 3G.
- Select “Build IPSW” and then click the blue button. Sn0wbreeze will now create the custom .ipsw file for your iPhone 3G which will be jailbroken.
- Once the process is completed you will be shown “sn0wbreeze seems to have successfully created your IPSW, this file will be located on your desktop”.
- Now you have to restore your iPhone 3G with the custom iOS 4.1 firmware that you have created with sn0wbreeze 2.0
- Connect your iPhone 3G, and Enter Recovery Mode. Now launch iTunes to restore your iPhone 3G with the custom Firmware built by sn0wbreeze. Hold down SHIFT while clicking the RESTORE button in iTunes.
- Now browse and select the custom IPSW file that was created and click on “Open”.
- iTunes will restore the custom firmware and this might take around 10 mins.
- After that your iPhone 3G will restart automatically and will be jailbroken.
Unlock iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 With Ultrasn0w
- Launch “Cydia” and go to “Manage” section present on the bottom of the screen
- Touch on “Sources” and then on “Edit” and finally on “Add”.
- Add the Cydia URL as repo666.ultrasn0w.com and touch on “Add Sources”.
- Once the Source is added to Cydia, hit the return to Cydia button at bottom of the screen and then Done button
- Now search for “Ultrasn0w 0.93” and install it.
- Once the installation is completed just reboot your iPhone 3G and it will be unlocked!
Once your iPhone 3G on iOS 4.1 is unlocked you can use any SIM card of your choice all over the world.