Jailbreak iPhone and iPod Touch on 3.1.3 Firmware With Redsn0w 0.9.4
Just after Apple releasing their iPhone OS 3.1.3 there are many enthusiasts out there who tried to jailbreak their devices using redsn0w 0.9.3. The iPhone Dev-Team have confirmed that redsn0w works with some of the devices and soon after that released another version of redsn0w, Redsn0w 0.9.4, which can be used to jailbreak iPhone and iPod Touch with 3.1.3 firmware. But the latest redsn0w 0.9.4 can only be used to jailbreak and unlock iPhone 2G on 3.1.3 Firmware. You can also use it to jailbreak iPhone 3G without unlock!. Redsn0w 0.9.4 can be used to jailbreak iPod Touch 1G and Non-MC iPod Touch 2G models with 3.13 firmware.
If you want to preserver your unlock on iPhone 3GS or 3G then do not update your iPhone to 3.1.3 firmware. The latest iPhone OS v3.1.3 updates the iPhone 3GS/3G baseband to 05.12.01 and current tools like blackra1n, PwnageTool etc cannot be used to jailbreak and unlock them. Also if you have a jailbroken iPod Touch 3G or 2G (new “MC” model), then do not update your firmware to 3.1.3.
Below are the steps to jailbreak your iPod Touch 2G (non-MC) model. You can also follow the below guide to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 2G on 3.1.3 firmware.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.3 Firmware With Redsn0w 0.9.4
- Download the latest version of iTunes and update your iPod Touch 1G/2G or iPhone 2G to the latest 3.1.3 Firmware.
- Download redsn0w 0.9.4 for Windows or Mac based on your operating system and also download iPhone OS 3.1.2 ipsw file(Yes we also need the 3.1.2 firmware).
- Now run redsn0w 0.9.4 and browse to the original iPhone OS 3.1.2 .ipsw file(Do note that it is iPhone 3.1.2 ipsw and not 3.1.3). Redsn0w will check if the firmware is valid and will then patch it.
- Now from the options select both “Install Cydia” and “Already pwned”.
- If you are interested in customizing your iPhone you can choose any/all of the “Custom boot logo”, “Verbose boot” and “Custom recovery logo”.
- Now redsn0w will show you some instructions to enter into Recovery mode.
- Hold down the “Power” button and immediately without releasing the power button, also hold down the “Home” button. Without releasing the “Home” button, release the “Power” button and keep holding the “Home” button for 30 second or until the installation starts.
- Your iPhone/iPod Touch will reboot once it is jailbroken
If you have jailbroken your iPhone 2G on 3.1.3 Firmware, you can unlock it by installing BootNeuter app from Cydia.
We are warning you again that this 3.1.3 Firmware jailbreak is strictly for iPhone 2G, iPod Touch 1G and older non-MC iPod Touch 2G models. If you have got an iPhone 3GS/3G or iPod Touch 3G/2G newer model do not attempt to upgrade your firmware to 3.1.3.