Procedure to Jailbreak iPhone 3G on 3.1.3 Firmware; No Unlock
After Apple releasing their iPhone OS 3.1.3 many people went ahead and updated their firmware to the latest version. But then discovered that they did a very BIG mistake as current jailbreak/unlock tools doesn’t work fine with all the iPhone and iPod Touch models. The iPhone Dev-Team have confirmed that Redsn0w 0.9.4 works with some of the devices and can be used to jailbreak iPhone and iPod Touch with 3.1.3 firmware. Redsn0w 0.9.4 can only be used to jailbreak and unlock iPhone 2G on 3.1.3 Firmware. You can also use it to jailbreak iPhone 3G without unlock!. Redsn0w 0.9.4 can be used to jailbreak iPod Touch 1G and Non-MC iPod Touch 2G models with 3.13 firmware.
The latest iPhone OS v3.1.3 updates your iPhone 3GS and 3G baseband to 05.12.01. So if you want to preserve your iPhone unlock then do not update your iPhone to latest 3.1.3 firmware. But if you don’t care about the Unlock, you can go ahead and read the below guide to jailbreak iPhone 3G on 3.1.3 Firmware.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 3G 3.1.3 Firmware With Redsn0w 0.9.4
- Download the latest version of iTunes and update your iPhone 3G to the latest 3.1.3 Firmware.
- Download redsn0w 0.9.4 for Windows or Mac based on your OS and also download iPhone OS 3.1.2 ipsw file(We need the older 3.1.2 ipsw).
- Now run redsn0w 0.9.4 and browse to the original iPhone OS 3.1.2 .ipsw file(Note that it is iPhone 3.1.2 ipsw and not 3.1.3). Redsn0w will check to see if the firmware is valid and will patch it.
- Now from the options select both “Install Cydia” and “Already pwned”.
- Now redsn0w will show you some instructions to enter into Recovery mode.
- Hold down the “Power” button and immediately without releasing the power button, also hold down the “Home” button. Without releasing the “Home” button, release the “Power” button and keep holding the “Home” button for 30 second or until the installation starts.
- Your iPhone 3G will reboot once it is jailbroken.
We are warning you again that this 3.1.3 Firmware jailbreak is strictly for iPhone 2G, iPod Touch 1G and older non-MC iPod Touch 2G models. If you have got an iPhone 3G and already unlocked your device the do not attempt to upgrade your firmware to 3.1.3.